The Perfect Sunscreen
- Find the perfect sunscreen for you. If you don't love it, you won't use it! Check out our Lux SunShade options.
- No sunscreen is "waterproof" make sure you are using a water-resistant one as it will be more effective when you're in the water or participating in physical activities.
- It is important to apply your sunscreen everywhere your skin is exposed! Most people apply to their face and neglect the rest of their body that is exposed.
Be generous in your application.
- You can never apply to much sunscreen. People rarely apply enough sunscreen to get the coverage you need. If you're using a spray or stick, it MUST be rubbed in.
- The advice given but rarely taken. You're busy, forget, having fun, or just don't feel like putting it on again. If you have kids, they are playing, swimming, etc. do you want to upset them by putting on sunscreen again! The answer is YES! It is absolutely worth it, reapply, reapply, reapply! The more you educate yourself and your kids on the importance of sunscreen, the less of a fight kids will give you when applying. Your kids will thank you one day!
Check the expiration date.
- Sunscreen has a pretty long shelf life, but it does expire so always have a newer backup available.
Be a little extra!
- Sunscreen is the most important sun protection you can give yourself. Sunscreen does have limitations, especially because most people don't use enough, miss spots, or most commonly don't reapply. If you are somewhere that shade is available, then use it! At the beach or pool use an umbrella, sunglasses and bathing suits with coverage. If you are outside working or playing wear a hat, sunglasses and UPF sun-protective clothing. These are just a few examples of how you can be a little extra!